Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Handmade Summer

This summer I have been working on some projects that are perfect examples of what we can do with our hands, minds, and hearts.

For my husband's birthday, I dug up his childhood pictures which have been stored in a box for as long as we have been married. Since our daughter has recently begun asking about her grandfather's, I wanted John to be able to share his memories of his dad with our kids. I much prefer these pictures out for everyone to see, instead of being stored in a box.




My next project was a gift for my Dad's 68th birthday. I made a book based on a list I wrote for him detailing {Ten Things You May Not Know}. I used the book to describe and illustrate these things I wanted him to know about me or what he has taught me over the years.


There is a detailed post about this book on my other blog, Tales Of An Over-Achieving Mom. Click here to see that book.

My next projects are to refinish a table using leftover chalkboard paint and to re-purpose a frame into a memory board my Isabella. My hope is to have those projects finished this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment