Sunday, August 14, 2011

The very first, First Day of School.

A letter to my daughter on the eve of her first day of school.
Dear Isabella,  
Tomorrow marks the day that you will begin your journey of learning. Yes, you have learned many, many things in your blessed 5 years. Tomorrow, however, you begin a journey of formal education. The 13 years ahead of you will bring fun, excitement, challenges, and tears. May the tears always be of joy. May the challenges always find you on your strongest days and may you always find an answer to even the hardest tasks. May the fun never end, and lastly, may you find excitement in every day that lies ahead.
No matter where this journey takes you, I will encourage you to try your best and I will always be proud of your accomplishments. I have dreams for you. They involve creating, exploring, studying, succeeding, and above all, smiling. I will be happy as long as you are happy. I will push you to try classes and teachers that you may not like and I hope you will always try and give it your best.
The uniform is set out, complete with white cuff socks, Mary-Janes, and a ribbon for your hair. Tomorrow may be your first day of kindergarten, but to me, it is the day you begin to pave your own path.
May your first day be filled with fun, learning, and friendship. May the days and years ahead never lose the magic of the first day.
Love you forever,

Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment